Author Topic: Sybians for much less  (Read 22094 times)

DIYSYBIANDOTCOM

Sybians for much less
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:44:58 AM »
diysybian.com one of my customers from months ago, this is what they had to say''''''''''''Name: terry
Email: [email protected]
Questions or comments?: Hi Rob
did you ever get any videos of ladies riding the machine? How about the members only area for more intimate videos and pictures?

We took Jill's with us to Mon Chalet in Denver last weekend and a couple of new friends rode it and absolutely loved it. I expect one couple to buy at least the plans  and the other couple to be saving up for one down the road. A bit hit!  Thanks again!
Where did you hear about us?: Word of mouth

Time: July 27, 2013 at 1:19 am
IP Address: 67.0.252.135
Contact Form URL: http://www.diysybian.com/contact-us/
Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.

Joe

• Administrator
Re: Sybians for much less
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
This certainly looks like an improvement to the original, but it still seems to be an inferior product to the real thing. It would be interesting to see them side by side to compare them.

DIYSYBIANDOTCOM

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:42:16 AM »
well as far as statisfaction just see me reviews from the 4th of july swingers party they all loved it and i have heard on multiple occasions that they like mine better because it actually feels better to them. But the thing is Mine is alot less over half less and it gives multiple mind blowing squirting orgasms.
here is the link for my revies page http://www.diysybian.com/reviews/

cbrjane

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:11:19 AM »
Cheaper but very low quality. We bought one and when we openned the box we thought.... Did a 5yo mold these part?
So this guy says all the value is in the mounts etc, well that would be true cause the vibration motor is a really cheap detail sander that costs $30 and if you buy the rotation option it's driven from a $30 battery drill.
As for the moldings, don't waste your money on this cause if there is $50 of material and labour I would be really really surprised.
So for the $600 rip off you're getting around $150 of total junk.
Stay away from this product.
Happy to send pics of what you'll get in the box and the suggested housing is a plastic bucket.
Don't waste your money.

kskater

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:15 AM »
I agree with you on this--all junk! Friends of mine got taken on this too. I would like to see pictures of what you got. I will get pics from my friends and post them if you want.

Ken Allen

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
I don't expect to be getting a symbian for that price, only something that gets the same results as the symbian.  My only question is does it work and did anything break on it?  I'm not mechanically inclined and have met with miserable failure when trying to figure out the variable speed to AC motor issue. 

I have an email to the company asking if they replace the receiver since having that crack under the strain and vibrations seems to be a very logical concern. 

Addendum: 
This is the response I got back from Rob Atkinson at diysybian:  "any issues and I haven't had any under 30 days I pay postage inside US both ways, 60 to 90 days I pay half shipping  and 90 to a year you pay shipping both ways no cost for repair after a year case by case if it is just the plastic part no cost to replace if I sent it to you and you put it on, if its internal after 1 year other than shipping $50 to $100 depending on problem never over 100$"

I am pretty pleased with this but I still want to hear from others as to the specifics of their experiences. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:36:58 PM by Ken Allen »

kskater

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:50 AM »
What he is selling you is a cheap Harbor Freight palm sander that he has removed the head off of and attached to the receiver that he molds from polyurethane...you can buy poly casting material from the Smooth On Company and make your own receiver by casting it using the flat top latex attachment from a real Sybian. You can buy these attachments on Ebay and simply cast your own by using pourable Smooth On poly. Smooth On has online videos for learning how to cast.

He claims he has spent "$1000s" to make the molds--that is a crock....if he did then he got screwed by someone and didn't know it..his finished cast product is very rough on the edges and full of air bubbles--not a professional cast at all. He also attaches some of the cast poly parts with drywall screws of all things instead of bolts! These will vibrate loose and "wallow" out the poly. Believe me--they will and they did.

The palm sander is less than $40 at Harbor Freight and can be purchased on sale frequently there for less than $30. He uses a cheap variable speed switch that can be purchased there as well or online. The "rotation" version is just using a flex shaft hooked to a very small cheap cordless rechargeable screwdriver that is "controlled" by using a thumb screw/bolt that you tighten that pushes against the trigger of the screwdriver to mimic squeezing it with your finger to speed up rotation--to slow down rotation you "unscrew" the bolt to release pressure on the screwdriver trigger. All of this contraption is built inside of a Home Depot 5 gallon bucket covered with vinyl. If you build it yourself, good luck on getting it to fit inside of a bucket properly and aligned as he gives you no dimensions or measurements.

The parts will reek of cigarette smoke when you get them.

There will be no instructions, dimensions or diagrams to assemble it yourself. His emails are almost illiterate at times when you ask him questions on assembling it--as you can see by his response to you he doesn't use proper punctuation in his replies. If you buy the "bare bones" unit you will get all of the parts inside of a small poorly packed priority mail box and you will have "crumbs" of broken poly all in the box from the poor casting job he does on the molded parts--he doesn't even take the time to sand down and smooth the molded parts using a Dremel or sand paper. You'll see lots of air bubbles and gaps in his castings--these are all weak points that can break under stress and vibration. You can learn casting yourself and do much better job--believe me!

As for the end result?? No where close to a real Sybian! Save your money and buy a used Sybian...or just get a Hitachi Magic Wand.

I doubt the guy has product liability insurance on his units...it's not a question of "IF" but "WHEN" he gets sued by a customer riding  his cheap "DIY Sybian" who cuts themselves on a broken receiver in use or suffers internal injures to their body from the rotating junk he has cobbled together...caveat emptor. His DIY Sybian is an accident and lawsuit waiting to happen. You have been warned.

Ken Allen

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
That is excellent information and has convinced me.  Thank you for taking the time to go into detail.  I think I am going to give building one from scratch a try.    If it doesn't work at least I learned how to mold and I can always save up for the real thing.  Again, thank you for responding.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:59:46 AM by Ken Allen »

cbrjane

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 12:45:33 PM »
Don't waste your money on this unit. If you're really interested I can ship to you all the parts he sold me for half the price. I bought the rotation unit and just haven't had the time to put it together.
pm me if you're interested.

Oh, can we get links to that idiots site removed from here, the less visibility he has the better.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:20:52 PM by cbrjane »