Author Topic: Building a sybian  (Read 28388 times)

kskater

Building a sybian
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »
I've given up on finding a used sybian as they sell so fast. A new one is out of my price range. Thus I am looking at my boyfriend building a reasonable facsimile of one like the guy did here. However he hasn't posted anymore about the one he built.

Do any of you know of plans to build such and NO! not the DIYsybian dot com site--that is an overpriced joke! Harbor Freight junk.

Just wondering if any of know of anyone that has plans to build such that my BF can buy like the guy did here using bodine motors or similar? again, NOT the DIYsybian guy.

Joe

• Administrator
Re: Building a sybian
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »
I have send the poster a message - let's see if they respond with some more details about how it was built

kskater

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
Thanks Joe. I too sent the original poster a PM when I joined, but he seems to be MIA here now. I'm sure he could make some $$ selling his plans if he so wanted to. That other DIY syb site is a joke and the device he sells is a total waste of money.
The missing guy on here that actually built a "true" replica seems to be the best one yet on replicating a true Sybian for less money, I sure hope he returns and answers soon.

Kim

Jigo-Watt

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:01:57 AM »
Greetings to all.

I too am considering building my lady a Sybian and currently looking around for some details.

I am an electronic engineer with experience constructing Combat Robots, and have a lot of experience with Electronic Motor Control, CNC Metal Fabrication, CAD Design, Welding and all the equipment needed to build one.

What I am looking for is details (measurements, close-up photos) of the (presumably) eccentric Cam system used to translate the vibe motor rotation into the substantial movement of the sybians sit-on bit.   Most vibrators just spin an eccentric weight, which limits their travel, the Sybian seems to deflect the entire upper box section on a cam.   

I suspect there may even be two offset cams which would give a "pedalling" type of movement, but I havent been able to find photos with enough detail to be sure yet.

I have an additional idea of using the "Swash-plate" from a Radio-Controlled Helicopter Rotorhead (which I used to build and fly) to be able vary the travel at multiple points under servo control as well, not to mention a wealth of other ideas using servo-drives and voice-coils to produce a far more variable and controllable movement than a simple rotary camshaft.

But first, I would like to see exactly how the Sybian mechanism works, so I can design my mechanism to be able to include its pattern in the range of achievable motions, just in case there is something special about its waveshape that particularly rings womens bells :)

Im happy to share any plans I draw up once I finalise the design.  can anyone point me to any closeup photos or able to take measurements of the eccentric mechanism ?

regards
Brett

kskater

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »
I'm sure you've seen the short video on YouTube entitled "inside the sybian" which shows a sybian without the cover. The guy that built one here that we have all referenced here has done the best job but he hasn't posted since first of year here.

Stay away from the DIY Sybian site--that is just junk built from Harbor Freight sander and cordless screwdriver.

Wish I could help you more..maybe the guy that built one will answer back soon but this forum seems dead except for buying and selling sybs. Boyfriend did find plans for a je'taime machine--they are higher price than sybians bust they thrust--no vibration. We also found plans for building your own funky rocker and monkey rocker but nothing definitive on a sybian yet. If you need them let me know.

BondageTutor

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »

Sybian...

Motors:
Bodine 24A4BEPM 2500-RPM 0043
Bodine 24ABEPM     125-RPM Right-Angle

Controllers:
KBIC-120 SCR
KBWD-13 PWM

Pulleys:
MZL 24-Grv 0.2500
MZL 60-Grv 0.3125

Belt:
MZL Belt 144-Teeth 1/4

Bearings:
0.375 ZZ with 4-Bore reducer

Good luck, hope this helps...

Thalanos

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 12:53:28 AM »

Sybian...

Motors:
Bodine 24A4BEPM 2500-RPM 0043
Bodine 24ABEPM     125-RPM Right-Angle

Controllers:
KBIC-120 SCR
KBWD-13 PWM

Pulleys:
MZL 24-Grv 0.2500
MZL 60-Grv 0.3125

Belt:
MZL Belt 144-Teeth 1/4

Bearings:
0.375 ZZ with 4-Bore reducer

Good luck, hope this helps...

There's more information required for these parts:
Motors:
Bodine 24A4BEPM 2500-RPM 0043  (130V) http://www.bodine-electric.com/Asp/ProductModel.asp?Context=12&Name=24A+Series+Permanent+Magnet+DC+Motor&Model=0043
Bodine 24ABEPM     125-RPM Right-Angle (130V, 20:1 reduction) http://www.bodine-electric.com/Asp/ProductModel.asp?Context=14&Name=24A-3F+Series+DC+Right+Angle+Gearmotor&Model=0087

Controllers:
KBIC-120 SCR -- SCR stands for Silicon Controlled Rectifier.  The only controller that fits SCR and 130VDC is the 9429 fitted with the resister 9836 (0.25Ω)
KBWD-13 PWM  - Controller (P/N: 8609 with the 9833 (1Ω) resistor)

The belts are MXL pitched (0.080") (I believe the "MZL" is a typo as "MZL" doesn't exist):

24 Groove, MXL 6.35mm bore https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Power_Transmission_(Mechanical)/Synchronous_Drives_(Timing_Belts_-a-_Pulleys)/Timing_Pulleys_(Sprockets)/MXL_(0.080_inch_Pitch)_Timing_Pulleys/APB24MXL025BF-250

60 Groove, MXL 8mm Bore https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Power_Transmission_(Mechanical)/Synchronous_Drives_(Timing_Belts_-a-_Pulleys)/Timing_Pulleys_(Sprockets)/MXL_(0.080_inch_Pitch)_Timing_Pulleys/APB60MXL025BF-250

144 Tooth MXL Belt, 7mm (11.52" Belt) http://shop.sdp-si.com/catalog/product/?id=A%206B16-144018

__s6_

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 08:31:30 PM »
 :o

I think you just convinced me to get the lifetime warranty with the price of those motors....
[youtube]xX_vADIJts0[/youtube]