Author Topic: Sybian Stand??  (Read 3410 times)

dommaster876

Sybian Stand??
« on: February 09, 2016, 03:14:57 PM »
Do any of you that have a Sybian have a stand for it or tried a stand?   My lady friend has some luscious thick thighs but for her to get down and straddle it causes her some discomfort.  We tried both at the floor level and on the bed.   I am wondering about bringing it up on a stand of some sort which will allow her to easily straddle it without the discomfort.

Joe

• Administrator
Re: Sybian Stand??
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:17 PM »
Hi dommaster876

I have heard of one, but I have to say it is a great idea.

I dont think it would be that difficult to make. Just construct a box out of wood, maybe with flared sides for greater stability, then get a local upholsterer to cover it in a similar material to the Sybian itself.

Let us know how you get on.

Joe

alohasquirter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:02:57 AM »
I'm 5'2" with thick thighs and using a couple foam gardening kneeling pads along the Sybian helped raise me enough to better enjoy the ride. I hope that helps.

G

curry hammock

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 08:34:11 PM »
We have always had our sybian on some sort of a stand over the years.  We currently have an adjustable hydraulic base with arm rests which works wonderfully.

curry hammock

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »
Hi all, here is a pic of our stand.

Joe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »
That looks very professionally made. Thanks for sharing

curry hammock

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
Thanks, It was actually quite simple to make.  I would be glad to share info on the process if anyone is interested.  Bare in mind the "Guts" is a used salon chair base.

goatnuts

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
Please share :D

Joe

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 10:45:32 PM »
Yes, please share. That would be great

curry hammock

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »
The stand is build around a used salon chair like the one pictured.  I found mine by trolling Craigslist,  I paid $60 USD and could have got it for a little less if I felt like working it.  Go for the one with the most upholstery damage (bargain with this) but flawless pump.  The round base is preferred if you intend to have a deck underneath.  I will go into the deck and the rest of the build in following posts.

curry hammock

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
These are the pieces you will need.  The base and from the bottom of the chair make sure to get the chair base bracket (The black object on the top of the pedestal in the picture)

goatnuts

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »
Patiently/Anxiously waiting... ::)

curry hammock

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
Sorry I have not gotten back sooner.  The first and only "major" Technical hurdle you should encounter with this project is connecting the plywood base to the cast iron chair base.  The chair base has an angle built into it to create a gentle rearward slope in the seat to make it comfortable. One will need to shim or use washers to make sure the plywood base is level when you are finished.  Please see sketch attached.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:32:12 AM by curry hammock »

goatnuts

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 11:57:22 PM »
Thank you!!

__s6_

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 01:28:10 PM »
I love this! Could you post some more detailed drawings or pictures? I would like to build something like this.
[youtube]xX_vADIJts0[/youtube]